Tuesday, February 17, 2009

CrockPot™-cooked Butter Chicken (मुर्ग़ माखनी)

I'm a recent introductee to the CrockPot™ - the slow cooker that cooks at low heat for hours. There are so many delicious Indian recipes that require low-heat simmering for long periods of time, that the CrockPot should be perfect for them. The one that comes first to mind is Biryani. It requires low-simmering for a day in order for the food to deeply absorb the subtle taste and result in the wonderful flavor we all know as Hyderabadi Dum Biryani. Well, since I'm not too well-versed in the usage of the CrockPot, I'm going to go with this recipe of Butter Chicken (Murgh Makhani मुर्ग माखनी) that seems to be presented by a slow-cooker expert. I will report back in a few days once I've tried it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment